Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Golden Keys

Soooo, I bought some cute little golden bags the other day for my cool golden keys!  Yes, I’m just a tad bit excited about my upcoming book signings.  I wanted something fun to add to these events.  I needed some sort of treasure that the kiddos could take home with their new book.  What should it be?  Why, certainly - a golden key!  Perfecto!

My girls were so sweet to help me over the weekend.  They sat at the kitchen table and made over 100 golden bags for me, each with one special golden key inside.  With each book purchased at my signings (or bought ahead of time on Amazon and brought to the signing), you will receive a golden bag and key for that precious little one in your life!  I can’t wait!


Honestly, my heart is overflowing with joy!  The beautiful Amazon reviews for Gabriel’s Golden Key are amazing!  I want to share them with you today, as they might touch your heart like they’ve touched mine:

A wonderful book to be read aloud to your children or for them to read on their own.  Is faith based and simply inspires a desire to have a closeness to Jesus.  I bought more to give as gifts!

A real gem of a book!  A beautiful story filled with rhymes, humor, and messages of faith, gratitude, and being the best you can be!  My kids enjoyed the full page illustrations that really helped bring the story to life.  We bought the hardback book for our family and will be buying more as gifts.  While it is a children's book, there is a wonderful poem about teachers being angels without wings which would make it a special gift for school and faith teachers! It would also be a good book to give your godchild!

Wonderful book!  I love the chapter "Angels without Wings"!  What a great tribute to all the teachers out there.  My own kids ages 6 and 9 loved the book!  I've started reading it to my Pre-K students and they love it too!

I absolutely LOVED this book!  I've known Heather Kallus now for several years and I've had the honor of teaching two of her children.  She is an inspiration to everyone.  I loved the rhyming, beautiful pictures, and the message of faith and the importance of having a close relationship with Christ.  I would highly recommend this book to everyone.  It would make a GREAT Christmas gift!!  She has truly been blessed and in turn blesses those around her.

Great children's book.  My daughter loved reading it!  She has already read it again!

Such an amazing & uplifting book.

I just received three copies of Gabriel's Golden Key I ordered for my grandchildren! Heather Spears Kallus' first children's book did not disappoint!  She has a gift for writing and rhyming!  I can't wait for my grandchildren to read her book.  The younger ones will especially enjoy the illustrations and all of them will be anxious to discover the Golden Key!  Well written story and one that reinforces God's love for all of us!

This is a well written children’s book that holds true to the values that we want to instill in our children.

What a beautiful book filled with so much love and faith.  Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us.  God bless.

Great book!  Can't wait to share it with all the kids in my family!

This is a wonderful book to enjoy with your kids.  Gabriel's Golden Key has a beautiful story line.

A great children's book!

I absolutely love this book!!!  It is an amazing book full of appreciations for all the things RIGHT in this world.  It is a GREAT book for the kids and I don't think you will be surprised to find out the golden key to all things GOOD is easy to find.  I won't spoil it for anyone, but it is a MUST HAVE for kids and a wonderful inspiration for us grown-ups, too.

Such a cute rhyming book!  We couldn't wait for it to come in and my kids truly enjoyed reading it!

Such a sweet collection of stories!  The art is so colorful and cute, too!

What a treasure of a book!  Gabriel's Golden Key will become a cherished book for young and old and especially teachers.  And Elah Minnow....who can't help but find her so lovable. This book encourages and guides one towards faith, hope and love.  A must-have for the home library.

Gabriel’s Golden Key is available in paperback, hard cover, and now, digital for your Kindle!  So fun!  I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to write a review for me.

Aside from all this golden talk about keys and my first children’s book, I know something else that is golden…and that is laughter.  Check out these giggles from Mikey:

Funny #1:
A not-so-bright-fella walks into an ice cream parlor and says, "I'd like two scoops of chocolate ice cream, please."  The girl behind the counter says, "I'm very sorry, sir, but our delivery truck broke down this morning.  We're out of chocolate."  "In that case," the man says, "I'll have two scoops of chocolate ice cream."

"You don't understand, sir," the girl says.  "We have no chocolate."  "Then just give me some chocolate," he says.  Getting angrier by the second, the girl says, "Sir, will you spell VAN, as in vanilla?"  The man says, "V-A-N."  "Now spell STRAW, as in strawberry." "OK.  S-T-R-A-W."

"Now," the girl says, "spell STINK, as in chocolate."  The man hesitates.  Then he says, "There is no stink in chocolate."  "THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU!" she screams.  “THERE IS NO STINKIN’ CHOCOLATE!”

Funny #2:
A juggler, driving to his next performance, is stopped by a policeman.  "What are those machetes doing in your car?" asks the cop.  "I juggle them in my act."  "Oh, yeah?" says the doubtful cop. "Let's see you do it."  The juggler gets out and starts tossing and catching the knives.  Another man driving by slows down to watch.  "Wow!" says the passer-by. "I'm so glad I quit drinking.  Look at the test they're giving now!

Well, after a chuckle or two, I hope to see you at my upcoming book signings!  I’ll have golden pens AND golden keys ready for you!

Have a wonderful week, Sunshines!  Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment