Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Little Drops

Photo Credit:  Godserv from morgueFile.com
Little drops of water make a mighty ocean.  Have you ever heard this expression before?  I just love it.  That one phrase actually inspired me to write a poem today:

LITTLE
Little moments make the years,
Little boards make the piers.
Little seeds make the flowers,
Little minutes make the hours.
Little notes make a song,
Catchy tunes, we hum along.
Little words of love mean much,
Kind little deeds, care, and such.
Little by little goes a long way,
To make great things, this I’ll say.
Little grins make up smiles,
Little steps make up miles.
Little drops make the sea,
Little prayers are the key.
Little twirls make a dance,
All grand things gave “little” a chance.
A little strength to tackle fears,
How brave you are, my little dears.
So, don’t forget that little thing,
And all the “big” that it can bring!

I’m a huge fan of laughing, so I thought I’d pass along these two “little” medical jokes from Mikey:

This guy goes into a doctor's office. The doctor says, "Oh, Mr. Jones!  We have the results of your test.  Do you want the bad news first or the very bad news?"

The guy shrugs and says, "Well, I guess I'll have the bad news first."

"Well the bad news is, you have 24 hours to live," the doctor replies.

The man is distraught, "24 hours to live?!  That's horrible!  What could be worse than that?  What's the VERY bad news?"

The doctor folds his hands and sighs, "The very bad news is...I've been trying to contact you since yesterday."

Here’s another one:

A distraught senior citizen phoned her doctor’s office.  “Is it true,” she wanted to know, “that the medication you prescribed has to be taken for the rest of my life?”

“Yes, I’m afraid so,” the doctor told her.

There was a moment of silence before the lady replied, “I’m wondering, then, just how serious is my condition, because this prescription is marked ‘NO REFILLS?!’”

Now, I’d like to take a “little” time to honor mothers.  With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to share a poem I wrote in 2014:

THE WOMAN I AM TODAY
Mom, I thank the Lord for the day of your birth,
An angel you are, sent down to earth.
I’m the woman I am because of your love,
And because I was raised with help from above.
Thank you for guiding me gently with care,
For teaching me always that love is to share.
Holding me tightly when scared as a child,
And calming my fears when thoughts ran so wild.
Long nights spent rocking me soundly to sleep,
Because I was sick and couldn’t count sheep.
For helping with homework, my projects, and such,
For giving me hope when worries were much.
Thank you for driving me limitless miles,
Trips with the fam - the memories and smiles.
Our house was a home - can’t thank you enough,
For loving on days that surely were rough.
Parties for birthdays or just because,
Homemade cookies that were the best that there was.
My artwork and drawings, you proudly displayed,
You even praised scribbles - I wasn’t dismayed.
For endless forgiveness - mistakes I did make,
Bad choices were plenty, for goodness sake.
Your encouraging words and life-giving deeds,
All through the years you were planting good seeds.
For staying up late, hearing stories I’d share,
No matter what time, you’d always be there.
You were my first love - my very first friend,
My broken hearts, you knew how to mend.
For unselfishly giving year after year,
Ready to comfort and dry a new tear.
I know it was not always easy to mother,
When bro and I constantly picked on each other.
Thank you for reading me books upon books,
You could discipline me with just one of your “looks.”
Countless times that you put my needs before yours,
For teaching with prayer that God opens new doors.
Thank you for all that you gave up for me,
As I grow older, it’s clear to see.
The love you gave along the way,
Made me the woman I am today.

Happy Mother’s Day to my mom and to all of those special women out there who give their motherly love to others!

Have a wonderful week, Sunshines!  May you sprinkle little drops of your own sunshine wherever you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment