Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Sweet

Sweet.  That word can be used several different ways:  I enjoy a tall glass of sweet tea.  She’s such a sweet lady.  That little boy has a sweet smile.  It was sweet of her to take care of her elderly neighbor.  He has a sweet golf swing.  I love the sweet sounds of jazz.  That puppy has a sweet disposition.  How sweet it is to be loved by you.  I have a sweet tooth…and the list goes on.

There are sweet jokes:  “I lovingly gave my niece a kiss on her cheek upon seeing her at a family get-together.  Afterwards, I noticed her wiping her cheek.  ‘Are you wiping off my kiss?’  I asked her.  ‘No,’ she smartly replied, ‘I’m just rubbing it in!’”  Sweet!

There are, um, “sweet-cheek” jokes:  A couple was in an accident where the woman's face was severely burned.  The doctor told her husband that they wouldn't be able to graft any skin from her own body.

So, the husband offered to donate some of his skin.  However, the only skin on his body that the doctor felt was suitable would have to come from his buttocks.  The husband and wife agreed that they would tell no one about where the skin came from, and requested that the doctor also honor their secret.  After all, this was a very delicate matter.

After the surgery was completed, everyone was astounded at the woman's new beauty.  She looked more beautiful than she ever had before.  All her friends and relatives just went on and on about her youthful beauty!

One day, she was alone with her husband, and she was overcome with emotion at his sacrifice.  She said, "Dear, I just want to thank you for everything you did for me.  There is no way I could ever repay you."

"My darling," he replied, "I get all the thanks I need every time I see your mother kiss you on the cheek."

Ohhhh my goodness! 

Anyway, after that little giggle, I want to share something else that was sweet.  And, that was my book signing this past Saturday!  Debbie, Brigette, and Mary were so kind to warmly welcome me into The Market of Victoria.  They had sweet golden key cookies for the guests as they arrived at their absolutely precious store!  It was such a memorable day, full of making new friends and seeing familiar smiles.  The loving support was truly heartwarming.

Getting to see the happiness on the kiddos’ faces as they picked out their special golden key and took their first bite of their golden key cookie was…SWEET!  Talking to a 13-year-old girl who is finishing up her first book manuscript was just the sweet icing on the cake!  I’m so thrilled for her!  I encouraged her to be patient and persevere.  I told her that I looked forward to seeing her name on the cover of a book very soon!


For anyone who missed this book signing, I'm heading up the road to College Station this weekend to The Gift Box (Saturday, Nov. 19th from 10-6pm) and Jingle Bell Market (Sunday, Nov. 20th from 12-4pm).  College Station holds many dear memories for me, so Aggieland...here I come!  I’m an A&M grad and now I’m an Aggie author!  I can’t wait to share my book with my fellow “Gig ‘Em” friends!  Whoop!

If you haven’t heard about The Gift Box yet, it’s a gift shop that has the perfect gift for any special occasion including candles, home decor, soaps, lotions, fun wine glasses, jewelry, accessories, t-shirts, Yeti, SIC cups, Oggi water bottles, baby gifts, and clothing.  They carry sizes newborn through toddler.  They offer custom monogramming and decals and of course, they are Aggie alumni owned and operated.

I found this sweet tidbit on their website as well:  “We are passionate about respecting our Veterans for their ultimate service.  As a small token of our appreciation, The Gift Box is offering 10% off for our Veterans on Veterans Day and every day!”  How SWEET is that?!

Ever heard of Jingle Bell Market?  The purpose of Jingle Bell Market is to support local businesses and charities, and to provide a unique and enjoyable shopping experience for the College Station community, with over 30 vendors on-hand.  Their goal is also to raise awareness and support for the wonderful local charities, which are making a worldwide difference. Of course, Santa will be there, ready to take pictures with your little ones.  Admission on Sunday is free and that’s super-duperly-sweeeeet!

Thank you once again for your sweet support of my book, Gabriel’s Golden Key!  You all have been incredibly amazing!  Thank you for bearing with me as I talk about my new book week after week!  I appreciate you and can’t thank you enough for sharing in my joyous excitement!

Have a wonderful week, Sunshines!  Bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment