Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Golden Pens

I just bought some "golden" pens for my book signings!  Yeah!  I cannot thank you enough for the outpouring of love and support for my first children's book, Gabriel's Golden Key!  I'm overwhelmed with joy!  

Here are just a few of the reviews that I’ve received thus far:

Kim - I absolutely love this book!  The whole book is wonderful.  The poem for the teachers made me tear up because teachers are so underappreciated and I pray for them each week at CCD.  It is an amazing book full of appreciation for all things right in this world.  It is a GREAT book for the kids and I don't think you will be surprised to find out the golden key to all things good is right in front of us.  I won't spoil it for anyone, but it is a MUST HAVE for kids and I venture to say, some of us grown-ups too.

Lindsey - In true Heather-fashion, she wowed us with her words and inspired us by her faith.  How amazing that through Gabriel's Golden Key, Heather will bring Jesus into thousands of homes around the world.  Have you gotten your copy yet?

Amanda - Just received my book!  Loved it!  The poem about teachers brought tears to my eyes.  I want to read this chapter at our next PTC meeting and faculty meeting.

Jill - Check her out!  We're so proud of you.  This would be a great stocking stuffer for all our kiddos, grandchildren, Godchildren, etc.  Way to go, Heather!

Catherine (from England) – CONGRATULATIONS, SISTER!  Well done!  I'm sure you are very pleased to have had an extra dose of sunshine that you spread to others.  It has inspired me to get writing.  I've inherited the writing gene and should get writing.  Maybe you'll see my name on a book too one day!

It’s amazing to see what God can do, if we let Him.  It seems just like yesterday that I had that little chat with God.  Back in early 2011, I vividly remember sharing with God, “I really love to write.  I love words.  I love how words can stir something within or even be life-changing.  I feel a strong desire to write.  Use me as an instrument.  I want to write for You.”

Fast forward a few years and tons of Sips of Sunshine blogs and here I am with my first published children’s book.  I’m still in “Wow-mode.”  Over the last year, I had to exercise much patience during the publication process.  It truly takes time.  Now, with a book sitting on my computer desk and zero Marketing classes on my transcript, I am slowly learning how to share my book with the world.  More patience.  One step at a time.

I’m thrilled to say that God has blessed me with facebook-loving-friends who enjoy giving shout-outs about my book – THANK YOU!  Then, God surprised me with two book signings and a couple of interviews with local newspapers!  Many of you have asked about the book signings, so please mark your calendars:

Saturday, November 5th at Angels & Outlaws (413 Saint George Street, Gonzales, Texas 78629)

On Saturday, November 12th at The Market (1411 E. Airline Road, Victoria, Texas 77901)

Please like my Sips of Sunshine Facebook page as I’ll be giving updates there on the times for these book signings. https://www.facebook.com/sipsofsunshine/


If you’ve read my book, would you mind heading over to Amazon to review it for me?  Thanks so much!

Finally, as I get more and more excited about using my cool new golden pens, I ran across an inspirational story by Miss Oline that may help us put into perspective what is truly golden in our life:

Once upon a time, a man punished his five-year-old daughter for using up the family’s only roll of expensive golden wrapping paper before Christmas.  Money was tight, so he was even more upset when on Christmas Eve he saw that the child had used the expensive golden paper to decorate a large shoebox she had placed under the Christmas tree.

Nevertheless, the next morning, the little girl, filled with excitement, brought the gift box to her father and said, “This is for you, Daddy!”  As he opened the box, the father was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, now regretting that he had punished her.

But, when he opened the shoebox, he found it was empty and again, his anger flared.  “Don’t you know, young lady,” he said harshly, “that when you give someone a present, there’s supposed to be something inside the package?!”

The little girl looked up at him with sad tears rolling from her eyes and whispered, “Daddy, it’s not empty.  I blew kisses into it until it was all full.”

The father was crushed.  He fell to his knees and put his arms around his precious little girl.  He begged her to forgive him for his unnecessary anger.

An accident took the life of the child only a short time later.  It is told that the father kept this golden box by his bed for all the years of his life.  Whenever he was discouraged or faced difficult problems, he would open the box, take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of his beautiful child who had put it there.

In a very real sense, each of us has been given an invisible golden box filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, family, friends, and God.  There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.

Have a wonderful week, Sunshines!

No comments:

Post a Comment