Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Fishing With You

Photo Credit:  keencarlene from morgueFile.com
What is fishing with you, my child, really all about?
Is it how many redfish, flounder, or the trout?
Is it about the lures, the rod, reel, or bait?
Is it about the time of day?  Before sunrise or late?

Does it matter where we fish?  A lake, the sea, or river?
Will the sky be blazing hot or so chilly that we shiver?
Is it about the size of bass, catfish, or a gar?
Is it how you cast your line?  A foot away or far?

For me, it’s more about the catching, not only just the fishing.
Catching time and catching memories.  That is what I’m wishing.
As you concentrate so hard on that fishing line,
I am thanking God above that He made you mine.

When a squirmy little fish wiggles in your fingers,
Around a moment such as this, my beating heart just lingers.
I smile because I love you and this time is what I treasure.
It’s not about the fish we catch or inches that we measure.

As you stand there waiting on the line that you have thrown,
It gives me time to look at you and see how you have grown.
When you stare at your cork bobbing in the sea,
That gives me a chance to realize how much you mean to me.

When you yell hysterically, “Woo-hoo!  This one’s a keeper!”
I recognize my love for you has only gotten deeper.
We’ll be fishing.  I’ll be catching...precious time with you.
Catching moments left and right.  That is what I’ll do.

So when you ask if I will go fishing with you soon,
You can bet that it’s a yes!  I love you to the moon!

Have a wonderful week, Sunshines!

No comments:

Post a Comment